Do you know that acne prevention and treatment can actually be very easy if you follow the correct regimen? Many young adults experience this problem due to their massive increase in hormone production. This often leads to the overproduction of sebum (natural oils produced in the skin) which blocks the sebaceous glands.
Many times, acne problems are also caused by a poor diet lacking in nutrients. Taking too much alcohol and fizzy drinks can also make the matter worse. Diets that are rich in fats and sugars can also lead to acne as well.
However, do not assume that only adolescents can experience acne. In fact, internal toxicity in the body can often lead to acne in adults too. Food intolerance, pre-menstrual cycles or constipation can lead to acne problems as well. It is not uncommon that constipation patients also suffer from poor skin.
One of the key factors in acne prevention is to take care of the liver so that all the toxins can be flushed out regularly. Otherwise, the body will start to dump toxins into the skin once it becomes overloaded.
Prevent Acne by Avoiding the Following Foods
- Full fat cheeses and dairy products
- Fried foods
- Greasy foods such as burger, etc
- Sweet snacks such as cola drinks, cakes, sweets, croissants and so on
- Pre-packed or mass-produced meals
- Biscuits and pies that are high in sugar, salt and saturated fats
Eat the Following for Acne Prevention
- Eat more avocados and raw wheat which are rich in vitamin E. This helps to nourish the skin
- Drink at least 8 glasses of water everyday
- Raw unsalted nuts and seeds
- Dates and unsulphured dried apricots
- Eat more beetroot, artichoke and celeriac. These help to cleanse the liver
- Japanese or Thai foods such as miso and tempeh can help to regulate the hormones
- Chickpeas, soya, cannellini beans and haricot. These help the body to excrete excess hormones
- Eat more fresh vegetables and fruits. These will help to prevent toxic build-ups in the body
- Low-sugar and high-fibre breakfast cereals. Add a tablespoonful of sunflower seeds and linseeds for better effects
Acne Treatment with These Remedies
If you are suffering from acne, then the following remedies can put you on the right track to recovery.
- Take good quality B-complex vitamin plus multi-vitamin and mineral daily
- Consume about 30mg of zinc up to 3 times everyday until the condition starts to improve. For every 15mg of zinc, also take 1mg of copper to maintain a healthy balance in the body. Zinc has been shown to be as good as taking certain antibiotics for acne prevention and treatment
- Improve your liver’s health by taking a formula based on barberry, dandelion and wild yam. Take it for about 3 months to see results
- Control your hormones by taking herbs such as squaw vine, raspberry leaf and cramp bark. These are readily available as capsules or liquids
- Try to consume more vitamin A as it is essential for healthy skin. Take up to 30,000iu daily for up to 2 months. Slowly reduce this to 3000iu daily. Make sure that you are not pregnant or planning a pregnancy
- For maintaining a healthy balance of testosterone in women, try red clover, saw palmetto, calendula, agnus castus, echinacea and dandelion formula. Take about 15 drops twice daily in liquids
- Take about 1g of Omega 3 fish oil daily. Essential fats are also important as saturated, trans and hydrogenated fats displace EFAs in the body
- Full spectrum and natural source of vitamin E, 200 to 400iu daily will help to reduce the tendency of scarring. Vitamin E helps to maintain healthy skin as well
- Tea tree oil is highly antiseptic and is effective as well. Add a few drops of bath water or use soap or lotion on the affected areas
- Exercise more. This encourages the free flow of sebum and will detoxify the body through perspiration
- A thorough detox program may be useful for clearing acne has it will help to ease the load on the liver
- Aloe vera juice taken internally or used externally also provides some beneficial effects
There are also specific products that are designed for treating acne. One example is the Rosa Mosqueta. It is a Latin America plant-based oil and can be used to topically heal scars. However do not use it on active acne. Instead, use it once the acne is not longer active.
Last but not least, a lot of patience and time is needed to treat acne conditions. The best way to treat the condition is to prevent it from occurring in the first place. You can do this by maintaining a healthy body by following the above acne prevention tips.